Friday, August 24, 2012

Electricity use and laundry

We have always used a dryer, never really thought about it before. We decided a few years ago to put up a clothesline. I love the smell of air dried clothes. It took some getting use to!  I learned to never wash towels, wash cloths, and socks with clothes especially dress pants!!!!

It does take a little extra time at first but what we learned was that because we had to hang them we were careful to rewear clothes that were not really dirty. My two children also learned not to take something off and throw it on the floor. GOOD LESSON there.

We still used the dryer on occasion like when it rained or I was in a rush, etc.  Then the dryer broke, I don't know what happened it is only two years old. On to the clothesline the clothes went.  Now we have been drying all the laundry on the line.

I never realized how much laundry I did. We are more conservative with our clothes which results in doing less laundry. I also get a vacation on rainy days!

The biggest plus is that my electric bill went from $100.00 to $78.00.  I have an old house so believe me the $78.00 is great. Our bill use to be $120.00 a month.

I will now have to figure out what to do during the winter....


No comments:

Post a Comment