Thursday, July 21, 2011

The beginning

This year we decided to grow a garden.  Usually we just have  attempt to have pumpkin, and tomato.  This year I did my research and we have five raised beds. We have strawberries, squash, potato, broccoli, radish, carrots, peas, Nasturtiums, tomato, borage, peppers, 2 kinds of beans, cucumbers pumpkin,  and herbs. We also have our wonderful raspberry patch that I will make jam from.  The borage when grown with tomato will deter those huge yucky tomato worms. Borage is also edible.  The raised beds my husband built in the barn during the winter months. We got the design from Maine Cooperative Extension on you tube, very informative.  We have had some errors with trying to grow from seed, we will learn for next year.  My broccoli bolted, I will have to find out why. Overall things look good out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment